Monday, October 4, 2010

Unemployed bummery...

Well kids, it's been a while since my last post.
I've been caught up for the past week or so tying up loose ends and preparing to flee my place of employment (now former place of employment).
Liberation day was last Thursday... the day that I said "goodbye cruel circus, I'm off to join the world!".

It was tougher than I expected it to be. Tears were shed, sleep was lost, and many a minute was spent pondering the question "where to from here?".

One of the things that I've had to face, which I didn't expect, is a little loss of identity. I need to start back at the beginning and work out where I fit in now.
Living in a small town everyone has their roles... The Baker, The IT Guy, The Bank Manager...
Up until last Thursday I was The Nurse. Now i'm just a nurse. I have left behind my little defining role in the community and will now need to find a new role to slot into.
I'm thinking I'll claim the role of Awesomest Human Being and Supreme Queen Of Rock... I don't think we have one of those in this town yet!!!

In other news, finishing up at work seems to have given my body license to succumb to this rotten flu and hayfever that i've been fighting for the past week.
I'm enjoying the view at the local cafe, using their free internet... and snotting all over their napkins...
I wish the snot would go away.

Blah!

1 comment:

Juniper said...

Good luck with the adventure of your new life!

~Juniper~